Followers

Thursday 26 August 2021

Ainsdale Sand Dunes NNR, Merseyside - 20/08/2021

 Last Friday, we went to Ainsdale Sand Dunes NNR, a seaside reserve of Marram grass and sand dunes on the Sefton Coast near Southport. Instead of having to do this post while we are on holiday next week, in Herefordshire, I thought I would do it here.

Sand Pansy

Traveller's Joy

Blue Fleabane

 Ray's Knot Grass

Common Fleabane

Sea Mayweed

Frosted/Babington's/Spear-Leaved Orache

Prickly Saltwort

Sanderling birds

Sea Rocket

Sea Pearlwort

Sea Rocket- a real pollinator favourite with bees and Wall Brown butterflies



Sea Buckthorn

Water Mint

Water Mint

Common/Sticky Storksbill

Dewberry (below grass)

Sea Beet

Sea Aster

Sea Holly

Sea Holly



Large-flowered Evening Primrose


No comments:

Post a Comment

I repeat - I am still here!!!

 Sorry for the neglect of this blog. I went looking for Stinking Hellebore and failed miserably, about a month ago. i should be back up and ...