Followers

Thursday 22 July 2021

Humphrey Head, Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria - 11/07/2021

 We went to this beautiful limestone rocky peninsula near Grange-over-Sands on the second day I had free, a beautiful place managed by Cumbria Wildlife trust. It has a little sheltered saltmarsh behind it too. Lovely spot if you are ever in the area. Plant diversity is spectacular, with multiple rare species such as the Spiked Speedwell, rare and protected as a native plant by law. I had to do a bit of scrambling for these pics!



Parsley Water-Dropwort

Kidney Vetch

Spiked Speedwell

I have no clue

Portland Spurge

Small Scabious

A St Johns Wort Species

Bloody Cranes-bill

Wood Sage

Common or Seaside Centaury

Silverweed

Harebell

Wild Thyme

Lesser Sea Spurrey



Sea Milkwort

Lady's Bedstraw

Crosswort

Red Bartsia

Eyebright spp.

Common Birdsfoot Trefoil

Marsh Woundwort

2 comments:

  1. Super photos and wild flowers. I have only been there once but gosh it was about 45 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's a lovely spot. Quite good to have this hobby - avoids all the crowds paying no attention to social distancing! Thanks very much.

    ReplyDelete

I repeat - I am still here!!!

 Sorry for the neglect of this blog. I went looking for Stinking Hellebore and failed miserably, about a month ago. i should be back up and ...